What We Believe:
We believe a better and nicer world is possible. Choose To Be Nice is committed to improving the way we interact with one another in our schools, on the playground, in the hallways and in the classrooms. Our SEL school programs focus on nine values that are reinforced throughout the school year. The positive effect of the CTBN school program extends from school to home and to the greater community as an impactful social movement.
What We Offer:
The Choose To Be Nice School Program offers administrators and educators a turn-key SEL (social and emotional learning) program to incorporate learning and changed and/or improved behaviors starting in schools. Our program is comprehensive, yet flexible, so educators can easily substitute books, lessons and activities.
An Overview of the Choose To Be Nice School Program:
Below is all that is included in the comprehensive Choose To Be Nice School Program including everything from an engaging, turn-key curriculum for each grade level to color displays and fun activities for the whole school.
- Choose To Be Nice Welcome Guide: A detailed guide to help you launch the CTBN school program at your school:
- School Faculty & Staff Orientation
- Assembly Guide for entire school
- Letter home to parents/guardians
- Helpful tips + information to adopt and customize the program for your school
- Quick Start Guide: A handy checklist for a quick launch.
- The Choose To Be Nice Curriculum: A comprehensive curriculum to teach students lifelong skills and aid them in decision-making and building social and emotional intelligence.
- The Year-long Nice School Calendar: A great reference for suggestions to keep Choose To Be Nice happening throughout the school year, along with fun events and activities from September through June.
- A Choose To Be Nice Promise Banner
- I Made the Choose To Be Nice Promise Wristbands
- CTBN Posters
- CTBN Values Posters
- Set of Nine Nice Posters for K-2 Program
- Set of CTBN Kids Posters for Grades 3-5
- Set of Choose To Be Nice Project Process Posters for Grades 6-8
- The 101 Ways to Choose To Be Nice Challenge
- Guide to Launching a Choose To Be Nice Club
- Guide to Choose To Be Nice Fundraising
- Guide to Participating in Choose To Be Nice Week
- Choose To Be Nice Gear: Every school member receives a 20% DISCOUNT. Check out our great SHOP.
Why Choose the Choose To Be Nice Program?
- Flexible and easy for busy educators to integrate into their teaching. Educators can easily incorporate other activities or books if they desire.
- Creates a school-wide common language and a lasting culture of kindness.
- Continuity as students progress through the school system the program advances with them.
- The impact extends beyond the school to reach home and the greater community.
- Community outreach is encouraged with fundraisers and activities for students to incorporate teamwork and responsibility.
- Last but certainly not least, affordable.